What it is:
Kile is a user-friendly TeX/LaTeX editor for the KDE desktop environment.
* Compile, convert and view your document with one click.
* Auto-completion of (La)TeX commands
* Templates and wizards make starting a new document very little work.
* Easy insertion of many standard tags and symbols and the option
to define (an arbitrary number of) user defined tags.
* Inverse and forward search: click in the DVI viewer and jump to
the corresponding LaTeX line in the editor, or jump from the editor to
the corresponding page in the viewer.
* Finding chapter or sections is very easy, Kile constructs a list
of all the chapter etc. in your document. You can use the list to jump
to the corresponding section.
* Collect documents that belong together into a project.
* Easy insertion of citations and references when using projects.
* Flexible and smart build system to compile your LaTeX documents.
* QuickPreview, preview a selected part of your document.
* Easy access to various help sources.
* Advanced editing commands.
To know more about:
To install in Ubuntu:
sudo apt-get install kile