What it is:
SWF Tools is a collection of SWF (Flash) manipulation and creation utilities.
This package includes: pdf2swf, jpeg2swf, png2swf, gif2swf, font2swf,
wav2swf, swfcombine, swfextract, swfdump, swfstrings, swfbbox and
* pdf2swf is a PDF to SWF Converter. It generates one frame per page
and enables you to have fully formatted text, including tables,
formulas etc. inside your Flash Movie. It’s based on the xpdf PDF
parser from Derek B. Noonburg.
* jpeg2swf takes one or more JPEG pictures and generates an SWF slideshow.
* png2swf takes one or more PNG pictures and generates an SWF slideshow.
* gif2swf converts GIFs into SWF. It is also able to handle animated gifs.
* font2swf converts font files (TTF, Type1) into SWF.
* wav2swf converts WAV files into SWF.
* swfcombine is a tool for inserting SWFs into Wrapper SWFs.
(Templates) E.g. for including the pdf2swf SWFs into some sort of
* swfextract allows to extract Movieclips, Sounds, Images etc. from SWF files.
* swfdump prints out various information about SWFs.
* swfstrings scans SWFs for text data.
* swfbbox allows to readjust SWF bounding boxes.
* swfc is a tool for creating SWF files from simple script files.
To know more about:
To install in ubuntu:
sudo apt-get install swftools