What it is:
Kile is a user-friendly LaTeX source editor and TeX shell for KDE.
The source editor is a multi-document editor designed for .tex and
.bib files. Menus, wizards and auto-completion are provided to assist
with tag insertion and code generation. A tructural view of the
document assists with navigation within source files.
The TeX shell integrates the various tools required for TeX
processing. It assists with LaTeX compilation, DVI and postscript
document viewing, generation of bibliographies and indices and other
Kile can support large projects consisting of several smaller files.
* Compile, convert and view your document with one click.
* Auto-completion of (La)TeX commands
* Templates and wizards make starting a new document very little work.
* Easy insertion of many standard tags and symbols and the option
to define (an arbitrary number of) user defined tags.
* Inverse and forward search: click in the DVI viewer and jump to
the corresponding LaTeX line in the editor, or jump from the editor to
the corresponding page in the viewer.
* Finding chapter or sections is very easy, Kile constructs a list
of all the chapter etc. in your document. You can use the list to jump
to the corresponding section.
* Collect documents that belong together into a project.
* Easy insertion of citations and references when using projects.
* Flexible and smart build system to compile your LaTeX documents.
* QuickPreview, preview a selected part of your document.
* Easy access to various help sources.
* Advanced editing commands.
To know more about:
sudo apt-get install kile