What it is:
GShutdown is an advanced shutdown utility which allows you to schedule
the shutdown or the restart of your computer, or logout your actual
* Compatible with GNOME, KDE and XFCE.
* Compatible with GDM and KDM to shutdown, reboot or close the
current session, without being root.
* The ability to choose a command to stop the computer (like “sudo
poweroff”, for example)
* Systray icon
* Visual notifications (to warn the user that his computer is
going to be stopped in a few seconds !)
* Three different ways to schedule the turn off time : « at time
and date », « after a delay », « now ».
To know more about:
sudo apt-get install gshutdown