What it is:
Blender is a 3D graphics application released as free software under
the GNU General Public License.
It can be used for modeling, UV unwrapping, texturing, rigging, water
simulations, skinning, animating, rendering, particle and other
simulations, non-linear editing, compositing, and creating interactive
3D applications, including games.
* Support for a variety of geometric primitives, including polygon
meshes, fast subdivision surface modeling, Bezier curves, NURBS
surfaces, metaballs, digital sculpting, and outline fonts.
* Versatile internal rendering capabilities and integration with
YafaRay, a Free Software ray tracer.
* Keyframed animation tools including inverse kinematics, armature
(skeletal), hook, curve and lattice-based deformations, shape keys
(morphing), non-linear animation, constraints, vertex weighting, soft
body dynamics including mesh collision detection, LBM fluid dynamics,
Bullet rigid body dynamics, particle-based hair, and a particle system
with collision detection.
* Modifiers to apply non-destructive effects.
* Python scripting for tool creation and prototyping, game logic,
importing and exporting from other formats such as OBJ, FBX, DXF,
COLLADA, task automation and custom tools.
* Basic non-linear video/audio editing and compositing capabilities.
* Game Blender, a sub-project, offers interactivity features such
as collision detection, dynamics engine, and programmable logic. It
also allows the creation of stand-alone, real-time applications
ranging from architectural visualization to video game construction.
* A fully-integrated node-based compositor within the rendering pipeline
To know more about:
sudo apt-get install blender